Designing the Tattoo

As I am going with the dot work/geometrical theme for the actual tattoo design, I thought drawing it out by hand and then scanning it in would be the best way of making it as using Photoshop/Illustrator would be too difficult. I did an extremely rough sketch of what I eventually want the tattoo to look like and I am going to draw this out properly, paying more attention to detail and making it symmetrical.

12698978_10207152913132429_619280157_o

The reason I have gone for a design like this is because as I said before I want it to be heavily based on the nautical theme, but also expanding past that to appeal to more clients and to really show off the great work of the tattoo parlour. The bottom half of the tattoo is the sea, including a starfish, octopus and boat/anchor. These designs are not yet finalised but I do like the idea of having an octopus swimming around in the tattoo- makes it a lot more visually interesting and is very different from the typical octopus tattoos.

The top half is a range of mountains plus the sky. I think this ties in really well with the nautical scene, giving it a bit of contrast and creating a quirky style. The dot work is very patchy but on the real design I am going to give it more detail and space it out evenly, making it look professional yet stylish.