Popular Tattoos

My Pinterest board here shows what the popular tattoo trend is at the moment. There is a lot of line work/dot work amongst these tattoos to make interesting designs. This is obviously the new fashionable thing as older tattoos are slowly dying out and tattoo parlours aren’t the same as they used to be. Freelance tattoo artists are more common now. With every artist specialising in something different, you can get a completely different style of tattoo in stead of picking out a pre made design from a book.

As High Seas Ink are a Shoreditch based tattoo parlour, I feel like they would be more suited to the popular tattoo style. Shoreditch is well known for its quirkiness and style and I really want to show this through my work. Incorporating the nautical theme within my designs, I am going to try and show potential clients what Shoreditch has to offer and although the parlour wants to expand and become a chain, I think its important to keep a certain house style about it- one that is suitable to the location.